5 things to eat this Christmas that aren’t turkey…
20th December 2018
The Christmas countdown is well and truly on! To help you beat the chill, keep the pre-Christmas winter blues away and ensure you don’t overindulge in a certain two-legged bird over the festive period, here are five wonderful wintry comfort foods to feast on this week that aren’t turkey…
1) Elfy Christmas Bowl A twist on the traditional British Christmas dinner, our festive favourite is full of colour, flavour and nutritional goodness. The seasonal special consists of tender chicken chunks on a bed of fluffy brown rice, mixed with roasted brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, red cabbage and more, topped with cranberry vinaigrette. Chicken is a protein-packed lean meat containing a range of immune system-boosting vitamins. While brussel sprouts are extremely low in calories, our spherical seasonal favourite is also high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
2) A tasty range of grain bowls Swap the turkey for chipotle beef, chicken, tofu or an all-veggie option from our range of grain bowls. These include the Carroty Kid, Miami Rice, Ginger Spice or the Guac ‘n’ Roll! Our deliciously nutritious bowls of goodness contain a variety of immune system-boosting, vitamin-loaded and antioxidant-filled ingredients, which perfectly complement the fusion of flavours.
3) Jacket Potato As a nation of potato lovers, the versatile root vegetable always holds a place in our hearts (and on our plates). Providing a gluten-free source of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants that help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, the jacket potato is a hearty winter classic! Choose from our range of tasty toppings to fill up your sweet or white spud, including vegetable ratatouille and chipotle beef, cheddar with rocket and more.
4) Stews and soups of the day
Our comforting range of nourishing stews and soul-warming soups provide you with the perfect winter warmers to help you beat the cold! Ask in store for more info on our freshly-made and warming selection of SOUP-er delicious dishes, from simple classics such as Tomato Soup to nutritional twists such as Carrot & Coconut Soup.
5) Sweet & savoury toasts Scrumptiously simple yet all-time classics, our appetising range of sweet and savoury toast options include Salmon & Avocado Toast, Feta & Tomato Toast, Almond Toast, Nutella Toast and more. Served on fresh sourdough bread, it’s the perfect slice of much-needed bread that’s also easier to digest than your regular white loaf!
Pop in store to enjoy these wintry comfort classics and get into the holiday spirit at Squirrel South Kensington or Victoria Market Halls. Merry Christmas!